- 👓 View today's article
- 🍿 Tune into the AI Show
- 🗞️ AiMonthly Newsletter
- 🌤️ Continue the Azure AI Cloud Skills Challenge
- 🏫 Bookmark the Azure AI Technical Community
- 🌏 Join the Global AI Community
- 💡 Suggest a topic for a future post
🗓️ Day 13 of #30DaysOfAzureAI
GitHub Copilot Upgraded: Faster, More Accurate, and More Secure Code
Yesterday was all about creating intelligent Excel Add-ins. Today is a look at GitHub Copilot advances to boast productivity, and build better, smarter, safer intelligent apps.
🎯 What we'll cover
- Copilot's improved suggestions and the new Fill-In-the-Middle paradigm.
- VS Code extension with a lightweight model and improved acceptance rate.
- AI-based vulnerability prevention system to provide alternative suggestions.
🚌 Advances in GitHub's Copilot code generative models
Today's article looks at the updates to GitHub's Copilot with the goal of improving code suggestions and responsiveness for developers. The underlying Codex model has been updated to deliver better results for code synthesis and the Fill-In-the-Middle paradigm has been introduced for better prompts for code suggestions.
Additionally, an AI-based vulnerability prevention system has been introduced to identify and block insecure coding patterns in real-time. The system uses language models to quickly detect vulnerable patterns, including hardcoded credentials and SQL injections, even in incomplete code fragments. Vulnerable code suggestions are replaced with alternative suggestions.
👓 View today's article
📍 30 days roadmap
What's next? View the #30DaysOfAzureAI Roadmap